David M. Gafken DC, DACNB
Functional Neurologist & Clinic Director of Pain Management
Lucas D. Gafken DC, DACNB
Functional Neurologist & Clinic Director of Functional Medicine
Dr. Lucas Gafken is a diplomate of the American Chiropractic Neurology Board in which he earned this prestigious degree through the Carrick Institute for Graduate Studies. As a board-certified chiropractic neurologist, he continues to expand his clinical skills and is currently completing certification in vestibular rehabilitation and functional neurological rehabilitation for concussion/traumatic brain injuries.
Prior to earning his chiropractic and neurology degrees, Dr. Gafken completed his undergraduate studies at Ball State University. He obtained his doctor of chiropractic degree in 2009 from Life University – College of Chiropractic in Marietta, GA.
Dr. Gafken maintains a private practice in both Auburn and Indianapolis, Indiana. His primary focus integrates the interaction between functional neurology and functional medicine. Those seeking care in his office routinely suffer with chronic disease, neuroendocrine imbalances, autoimmune disorders, and diverse neurological illnesses. His management focuses on supporting these complex issues with brain-based rehabilitation and nutritional or non-pharmaceutical application. Dr. Gafken’s specialty training has provided him with the advanced technical and diagnostic skills required to handle the most difficult client presentations.
In 2014, Dr. Gafken joined Apex Energetics as a national seminar speaker/educator and has lectured for several years to other healthcare practitioners on the application and implementation of functional neurology, functional medicine, and neuroimmunology. A current list of seminars he has instructed include the following:
- Mastering Functional Blood Chemistry
- Mastering Brain Chemistry
- Mastering The Thyroid
- Brain-Gut Axis and Clinical Applications
- The Neuroendocrine Immunology of Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth
- The Role of Nitric Oxide and Glutathione in the Immune System
- The Inflammatory and Autoimmune Signaling Systems
- The Neuroendocrine Immunology of Blood Glucose Issues
- Food Sensitivities & Allergies in the New Millennium
- Andropause & Perimenopause
- Ball State University, 2005
- Life University (Atlanta, Georgia), Doctor of Chiropractic, 2009
- Chiropractic Neurology Board Certification, August 2013
- Certificate of Completion, Mastering Brain Chemistry
- Certificate of Completion, Mastering Functional Blood Chemistry
- Certificate of Completion, Functional Endocrinology
- Certificate of Completion, Mastering the Thyroid
- Certificate of Completion, Identifying and Conquering Gluten Sensitivity
- Carrick Institute, Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury, 2013-2014
Jan, Katie & Paige
Office Manager and Patient Care Coordinators
Your results matter to us. We pride ourselves in delivering unique, high-quality services that get you out of pain as quick as possible.
At the forefront of healthcare, our office delivers services that are cutting-edge and industry leading.
- High-Intense Laser Therapy
- Spinal Decompression
- Nerve Regrowth Tools
- Brain Rehabilitation Programs
- Functional Medicine
We’ll be fair and honest and tell you if you qualify for care and if your health condition can be helped in our office. You’ll recieve all the answers to your health questions.